Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 188: one can of soup to Freestore Foodbank

This sounds like a measly donation, and it probably is. I had recently purchased three cans of soup that I thought looked appetizing but not too calorie-laden.  But the fact is, I don't really like canned soup.  I love soup, but canned just never measures up. Therefore, before even opening one of the three cans, I decided to forfeit one. I think I donated one with vegetables and whole wheat pasta. I looked through my cupboard for other items, but practically everything else I was willing to part with was expired. I suppose those two factors are in direct correlation to each other. Next week, I will probably go back and see the exact same expired food. I should at least throw a few of them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment