Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 195: canned fruit and vegetables to Freestore Foodbank

On my way home from summer school today, I stopped to buy some turkey breast at Meijers (and later made a delicious wrap for lunch). Since I knew that my Green Bean delivery box would probably not be picked up/dropped off quite yet, I added two cans of pineapples and two cans of green beans to my order. I'm not sure why I picked those items. They were certainly cheap--cost me less than four dollars for the four cans.  I guess I also wanted to donate food items that I actually like.  I love pineapple and I love green beans (especially if cooked really well). I prefer fresh over canned, but that doesn't last for this type of donation.  I don't think I can actually remember the last time I ate canned green beans. Now that I think about it, I probably should have just stuck with fruit all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment