Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 194: $1 to Ronald McDonald House

When I stopped to get my Diet Coke at McDonalds this morning on the way to summer school, I scrounged up exactly $1.07 to pay for it.  The cashier at the first drive thru window was taking forever (not that I minded since the starting time for summer school is quite flexible). In the meantime, I was able to come up with exactly $1 made up of dimes, nickels, and pennies in my car. I liked the fact that my donation came to exactly $1.  Coincidentally, I was listening to an NPR report about dollar coins that the U.S. Mint is trying to encourage the circulation of. It was quite interesting, especially the part about people scamming (kind of) the mint by purchasing the dollars with credit cards just to get rewards points.  Just dollars all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment