Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 203: $10 to fan and a/c drive thru St. Vincent de Paul

It was 99 degrees in Cincinnati yesterday, and 97 today. When you add on the ridiculous, soup-like humidity that only Cincinnati can produce, the heat index ends up somewhere between 110 and 114.  I actually wish that they never came up with the term heat index.  Regardless, it's baking outside and at 9:00 p.m. today, it still feels like 98 outside. I'm extremely grateful for my air conditioner, and I can't imagine what it's like for people who do not have a/c.  Also, I completely respect St. Vincent de Paul, a Catholic charity that does a lot of good work in the Cincinnati area. On the SVDP website, you can donate any amount and specify the program your money will go to. I chose the fan and a/c drive, and I know that my ten dollars won't do that much, but it will do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment