Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 206: Yellow Ribbon Support Center

Borders bookstore is going out of business for good, and I like all the other vultures decided to check out the sales. So far, not too many discounts; in fact, only 10% off of books. The magazines, however, were the only items with significant discounts (40%). I decided to purchase three sudoku books and drop them off around the corner at the Yellow Ribbon Support Center located in Eastgate.  They will add them to their care packages for soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. Usually puzzle books like these (which I used to be somewhat addicted to, but haven't used in about three years) are at least $3.99 each. With 40% off, that makes them about $1.80 each which seems like a good buy.  Also, with the Yellow Ribbon Support Center, I can trust that the donation will go directly into the care packages and then directly to soldiers. I will be going back to Borders later in the summer. I doubt that puzzle books will still be there, but perhaps I will find something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment