Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11: blogs, wikis, and podcasts book

What a hectic sort of day. This morning I spent way too much time looking on my ipad and cell phone for school delay or cancellation this morning, but nothing came. Went o school reluctantly. By 9 a.m., though, we knew that we were getting a two hour early release-- just in time to drive home in the snow. 

Still, I managed o give a book to my colleague, Diana. She needs it for working on her research or her Master's degree. I gave her the first edition of Will Richardson's Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts and other Powerful Web 2.0 Tools. The text really helped me when I was planning my first OWP class, and I think it will be incredibly helpful to Diana's research. I was happy to be able to give her the book (instead of lend it) because I have the latest edition myself in both hard copy and kindle format. Also, I would have never gotten it back anyway, so releasing it from my possession at the start was the best way. I'm wondering if books are some of those possessions that I am more reluctant to give away. Am. More attached to books, shoes or coats? Today I'm feeling the books. Love them, love to ed them, love the thought of keeping them if only for the faint possibility of re-reading them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment