Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: Ronald McDonald and a pencil so far

I was worried that I wouldn't run across an opportunity to give something away today because it's a really long workday today--parent/teacher conferences tonight. These are the nights when I work 12-hour days. I should be used to this, once my class at Miami starts, I will have 12-hour days twice a week.

I guess I should come up with a list of ways to give, so that I can stop feeling pressured each day. I am waking up each morning a little tense about what/where I will give. Sounds silly because, of course, the possibilities are endless. It's just a matter of finding the time and following through, really.  I imagine this will subside after a while. Or maybe it won't.

Obviously I could always go back online. I'm sure $5 here and there would be welcome by any institution. I'm also going to spend some time this weekend washing and organizing old clothes and shoes. This will help as well.

Back to today--by 7:15 a.m. I had already donated my change ($1.13) to the Ronald McDonald House and given a pencil to my student, Eli. This is the third day in a row for pencils. I wonder if I'm on a streak.  That would be sort of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Add on--was able to buy coffee for one colleague and a bagel for another before the night was over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Ms. Woods. It's such a thought provoking thing, how hard it can be to do something so simple.

    I've run into the same tense feeling while trying to find opportunities to take pictures for my blog!

    ReplyDelete