Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14: munchkins

I had a little time this morning on the way to school, so I stopped by Dunkin Donuts for a coffee. It hit me while in the drive thru that I could easily pick up a box of donut holes for my colleagues.  I spent a little over $5 for 25 munchkins-a mixed box. This small investment seemed to make a lot of people happy this morning. All but three were eaten before lunch, and several people thanked me.  I've always been a big fan of the small dessert--mini brownies and cookies, for example. This way people feel they can eat a sweet without the guilt. My friends at school make fun of me for always buying miniature food items.  I can't help it. Small food is just plain cute.

Another funny things about giving today: I had this urge not to tell my friends that I had been the one to buy the donut holes. While it was nice to hear "thanks," I sort of like being an anonymous donor as well.  In fact, I still haven't told any work friends about my giving year or this blog. For whatever reason, I think I will wait until I am at least a month or so in.

I've already planned out two donations for next week.  Miniature legal pads at the department meeting on Tuesday (almost as cute as food) and a donation to the school's Sunshine Fund on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment