Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24: Candy for class

It's straying away from the charitable aspect of giving and it certainly flouts Michelle Obama's crusade to rid the schools of fattening food and obsese children, but today I offered up Nerds and Hershey's kisses for my AP students. They had to write timed essays today over some pretty tough topics for their exams, and I think that a little nourishment for the brain just might help. Is there too much junk food in schools? Probably. Is candy actually really expensive? Yes. I bought the Valentine's themed kisses and Nerds, and didn't really shop around for bargains, but my lord do they rip you off these days. You could spend $5 on just 12 or so candies if you are not careful. I have 100 students (some of them very hungry) so I have to be mindful like some old lady coupon clipper at the grocery store. I wish I could buy them more actually, Especially for testing situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment