Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21: freecycle donation of monitor

It's another snow today--actually it's an ice day. No school again. I've spent the entire day not getting enough done, and now it's almost 7:00 p.m. and I haven't given anything away. I decided to turn to freecycle, an online organization that I discovered last year, and have sort of a fascination with. Freecycle epitomizes the old adage that one man's trash is another man's treasure. (I should change the gender considering that most members of the site seem to be female).  Today I posted an offer for a blood pressure monitor that I purchased last month. The monitor seems to work, but gives an error reading a little too often. I bought a different brand which may or may not work. I'm hoping that someone on freecycle will be able to use the "old" monitor. As I said, I love perusing the site, and the variety of items offered is incredible. Some will give away working appliance, while others offer open--and expired--bags of sunflower seeds (I'm not kidding). One person offered 50 chicken hot dogs, already cooked. Waste not, want not.

No comments:

Post a Comment