Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15: $5 to help homeless pets

Donating was incredibly easy today. While running errands, I decided to stop at PetSmart to buy a treat or two for my cats, Callie and Aggie. When you pay with your credit or debit card at PetSmart, an option appears on the screen that allows you to donate $1, $2, $5, or $10 to help homeless pets. Since I had already "saved" three dollars by using my PetSmart rewards card, I decided to donate $5. Normally, I would have donated just $1, but because it was my donation for the day, I thought I should give a little more. I was probably also affected by all the adorable cats and dogs that were at the store today hoping to be adopted. It was quite smelly, but also uber-cute and sad at the same time. I think the donation button is a fabulous idea. It avoids any awkward exchanges between clerks and customers. Just press the button that says "no thanks," if you are not interested.

While I was out, I also had lunch at Everything Bagels, my favorite independent bagel shop. I noticed they have a bin to donate items to soldiers overseas. What a great reason to go back to Everything Bagels next weekend. I'll have to think about a good donation.

My final stop this weekend was not a success. I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to return a Homedics alarm clock that I received for Christmas that absolutely, flat-out did not work. So, I exchanged it for another of the same type that absolutely flat-out does not work as well.  Grrr.  Finished taking my chances on exchanged, I will just get the money next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment