Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29: oatmeal containers

Today I gave a way two empty, 18 oz Quaker oatmeal containers.  One was quick oats, one old-fashioned. In this case, I saw a posting by a woman named Diane on Freecycle for just these types of containers. I noticed that Diane and I live in the same zip code, so I offered to drop them off, but she insisted that she could pick them up. She might have thought it was weird for someone to offer to drop these off, right? She came by this afternoon and picked them up off my front porch. Why did Diane need empty oatmeal containers?  Some sort of craft project, I believe. I can't quite imagine, but for whatever reason I had the goods!  How is it that I had two empty containers? I actually didn't. I emptied the contents of one container into a ziploc bag.  I just thought it would be nicer to give two, especially if she was driving over. I hope there are more Freecycle requests like this one in the future. It was so easy today.  Just a couple of quick emails.  I feel so green about it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment