Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22: Books

Today I purchased (on Amazon) and sent two books to a friend, Jill, who recently gave birth to her second son. I ordered a book called Charlie the Caterpillar for the newborn (of course he will have to wait  a long while to read it) and a book about being a big brother for Finny. As an English teacher and book lover, I love giving books. I really can't think of a better gift. The problem with giving books, however, is you don't know if someone has already read the book or not. What could be the harm, though, really. They could always give or lend the book to someone else.

I'm amazed at people who live in homes with very few books. I think I have over 1,000. This is why I try to go to the library now and buy books on my Kindle or iPad. Cursed, but in a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment