Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33: donations to Feed Love, 53 cents to Ronald McDonald, add a penny

I discovered the name of the charity created by a student at Milford.  It's called Feed Love and it's designed to fall close to Valentine's Day.  Makes sense. I donated more canned goods today, but I'm dismayed that none of my students have donated yet. The majority of my students are more than able to do so. I will mention something about it tomorrow. I found out that another teacher is offering 1 point extra credit for every can students bring in. I disagree with this on an ethical level. It could very well be that some of the students in that class could be in need of charity.  Grades should never be purchased, even in kind.

I added to the Ronald McDonald fund today by giving the change from my Diet Coke to the bucket at the drive thru. Can't help thinking if the bucket were more strategically placed, more money would be donated. Gave 4 pennies to one of the take a penny/add a penny cups at Larosas tonight.  I don't really count that as donating.

No comments:

Post a Comment