Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 49: Their Eyes Were Watching God and $ to Share the Bread

Today I was able to donate twice. This morning, even though I was running late, I really wanted a good coffee, so I went to Panera. I was able to donate my change to the Share the Bread box. Even though I have yet to remember which charity the money really goes to, I trust Panera. How could I not?  They even informed me today that I have a free breakfast sandwich waiting for me on the My Panera card. I plan to give again tomorrow before I go into work to spend my Saturday morning catching up.

This afternoon, I donated a copy of Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God to the library donation box. I have three copies of this book for some reason, so it was really easy to donate. I enjoy Hurston's writing, but I've only taught the book once. I plan to eventually make it a part of some lit circle opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment