Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 48: Baby products

I attended a triple baby shower today for three members of the English department (Michelle, Craig, and Geoff). Because so many people are expecting at once, I think the idea of bringing gifts was becoming overwhelming to people. We decided to just collect money and get gift cards. really, this was the best way in the end. I started to worry, though, that a shower without something to bring home afterward was going to be really sad. So I contributed my fair share of cash, and I also purchased three plastic pails, three rubber ducky washcloths, three packs of baby shampoo and moisturizer, and six washcloths.  The pails looked cute, all was color-coordinated, and I was happy to do it.

As it turns out, there were a few other gifts at the shower, too, from people who had forgotten to contribute or wanted to buy on their own. Still, I was happy to make the shower brighter, and I took no credit for the extra packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment