Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36: Toms shoes

I donated a pair of shoes to a child in need today by purchasing a t-shirt for myself from Toms.  I love the idea of social entrepreneurship, and I can't think of too many better examples than Toms. Later this spring, I plan to purchase my second pair of Toms classic shoes--I'm planning on the off-white color. I figure they will go with a lot of capris and even skirts. My first pair of Toms (khaki green) were only mildly comfortable at first, but then I wore them to Florida and they were fantastic. I guess they just needed to be broken in. My problem, of course, is that I'm cheap. The shoes are $44, and I while I will pay that much, it's on the high end of my shoe budget. I paid $28 for the t-shirt, which I would never have done if I was not also donating a pair of shoes at the same time. Also, I bought a t-shirt from Toms last year and it is the most comfortable t-shirt I own.  I'm hoping this one will be made of the same material. In fact, my "barefoot at heart" t-shirt is so comfortable that I won't purchase t-shirts anymore unless they match the comfort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment