Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 43: American Heart Association

I gave $1 to the American Heart Association today at Kroger's. There was a poster that said if you bought a ticket that you would be eligible for a $25 gift card. When it was my turn at customer service, I just said, "I'm interested in donating a dollar to the American Heart Association," and the clerk asked me if I just wanted to donate or if I wanted to fill out the paper heart which I assume enters you into the drawing. Feeling magnanimous (funny choice of words when I'm only talking about a dollar) I said that I was only interested in donating. Looking back, I should have gone or the $25. I could have done something for Kiva perhaps. The poor guy just looked so beleaguered, and I'd just seen him spend a full five minutes trying to pick out the right pack of Winstons for the incredibly inarticulate man ahead of me in line. ("No, not those. No, the other ones. Not those. The Winstons. The pack over there.") I guess I just wanted to make the transaction that much easier for the clerk.

I also gave a $2 tip at the car wash today. I can't say this really counts as donating, but the man was definitely not expecting it. He kept trying to give the money back to me. If anyone needs a tip, it's the car wash man, right.

Finally, a wealth management adviser started following me on Twitter today. Ha! I have no wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment