Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 58: Change to Children's Miracle Network

I went to Sam's Club this afternoon and was able to empty out the change in my purse (probably close to $2) in the plastic swirly thing where the change goes round and round before dropping into the hole. The money goes to Cincinnati Children's Miracle Network.  Sounds good to me. It's a great idea--the plastic swirly thing--when you think about it. It's not like a fountain which takes so much maintenance, children are attracted to it, the charity goes to children, it's on the way out (not in) so you might have spare change in your pocket.  Sam's is pretty smart. I think more places of business should follow the idea.

I actually enjoyed watching the change go round and round myself, and I wondered briefly if people around thought I was strange, throwing all my change in and watching it go down.  I'm sure I don't care.

One day soon I plan to empty all my spare change into a fountain at a mall that donates to charity. I also wonder, do the change machines at the grocery store have an option for donating?  That's another good plan if they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment