Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 35: Organic Tomato Soup and Butterscotch Pudding

For the final day of the Feed Love food drive, I decided to look in my own pantry and on my own shelves for items to donate. I picked a can of organic tomato basil soup and a package of butterscotch pudding. Although I had already planned on donating more Progresso soup, I thought that I should give something of my own--something I would actually eat. Both items are tasty and I didn't feel as didactic as I did when I donated cans green peas or as cheap as I did when I donated the beans and weenies.

I also noticed today that it's time to clear out the old food. Many of the cans had dates that were from 2010. I'm sure the food is still good (and if I were a character from The Road, it would taste like heaven) but I couldn;t really donate expired cans. That would be worse than didactic and worse than cheap.

Finally, I gave my student a can of Diet Green Tea Ginger Ale today. He asked why it's been sitting on my bookshelf for so long, I said because I got tired of drinking them. I offered it to him and he seemed genuinely pleased.  Funny. I don't picture most guys liking Diet Green Tea Ginger Ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment