Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 47: $15 for jazz band fundraiser

I'm considering a purchase I made today a donation for the following reasons:
1.  I would never willingly buy a giant tub of cookie dough for $15 (It's not that I don't like cookies; I don't buy cookie dough in bulk because it's dangerous for me).
2.  Out of all the delicious choices for cookie dough, I picked sugar free oatmeal cookies so that I could make them for my mom.  Personally, oatmeal cookies are cookies of last resort for me. That is, an utterly unless treat until someone decides to replace the raisins with chocolate chips.
3. The last time I ordered something from a student was 4 months ago. I have yet to see my very expensive Yankee Candle. I can't even remember the scent I chose.

Actually, one of the worst parts of being a teacher is the constant pleas from students to buy useless crap from them. For a long time I became good at saying "No," quite firmly. I guess I'll be backtracking for 2011, but I can't say it's my best idea. I would rather have given $15 to a real charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment