Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 59: $1 to Ohio Valley Voices

I'm so happy that White Castle, a restaurant I visit at least three mornings a week for coffee, is a sponsor of Ohio Valley Voices, a school where "deaf children speak."  I was able to give $1 this morning, and I was supposed to get a coupon for a free coffee. The cashier was a bit confused about the whole thing, so I didn't press for the coupon.  This makes the whole transaction a bit more charitable anyway. I have to admit I briefly wondered if my dollar was actually going to make it to OVV or more likely make it into the pocket of a White Castle worker. I'm suspicious by nature. To be honest, I would just as gladly donate a dollar to the poor soul who has to work the morning drive thru shift at White Castle, so I suppose it doesn't matter in the long run. Just to be sure, though, I will donate again during the fund drive. I have an affinity for OVV since I know one of their students, an adorable two-year old named Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment