Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65: pillow

I found a brand new pillow on the shelf in my closet and decided to drop it off at the Goodwill center today. I attached a note that said the pillow had never been used and was from a bed-bug-free home. To me, those would be important traits if I was picking up a pillow from Goodwill. I know I have an inordinate fear of bedbugs, but I think I'm somewhat justified. You read about them everywhere, and they seem like a modern day stigma. I know if I ever brought bed-bugs home, I would be hard-pressed to find enough money to really eradicate them

At the Goodwill drop-off center, I had expected to see the little man who reminds me of a cuckoo clock, but instead there was a friendly woman taking and organizing the donations. Someone else was dropping off a bunch of items, which probably made my single donation look a little silly. The woman asked me if I would like a receipt for my donation. I can't imagine deducting the price of a pillow on my taxes. I also said no because somehow I feel like this diminishes my intent. I'm not sure how, just that it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment