Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66: $1 to Whole Planet Foundation microloans

I went to Whole Foods today to pick up some delicious pixie tangerines. I had one yesterday and couldn't believe how sweet it was. Apparently March is the beginning of pixie tangerine season. I hope to share one or two of them at school tomorrow.

Whole Foods offered several opportunities to donate. I chose to add $1 to my bill for a donation to the Whole Planet Foundation. This group is furthering one of my favorite causes--microloans. Because I brought my own bag to Whole Foods today, I was also able to put a wooden nickel in the Greyhound rescue bin and another wooden nickel in the local food pantry bin.

All in all, I think Whole Foods (often called Whole Paycheck for their high prices) offers opportunities I am grateful for.  I thank them for helping me donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment