Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 71: Boat Shoes

Today I tried unsuccessfully for the second time to wear my new, light tan boat shoes. I REALLY liked these shoes, but they rubbed by feet in one particular spot, and no matter what I did, these shoes were not going to work. To make myself feel a little bit better about giving away these shoes that I thought were going to be perfect for spring, I bought a different (similar but not as nice) pair of boat shoes at DSW. In fact, my sister bought the exact same pair. I'm convinced this pair will work.

At DSW, I was astounded to see a pair of Bobs--knock offs of Toms--made by Skechers. At least Skechers says they are donating a pair of shoes for each pair purchased, but I'm still a little bitter about the complete copying of the style.  Why couldn't Skechers come up with their own style at least?

I donated the old pair to the Special Olympics box, but I think the next time I have a pair of gently worn shoes, I'm going to go the extra mile or so and find a Soles 4 Souls donation center. I think I will fell better about giving away shoes that I know will go directly to needy feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment