Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 76: $1 Pediatric Brain Cancer

My official donation for today was $1 at Gold Star Chili. They are running a fundraiser for money to fight pediatric brain cancer. This is the second time I've given at Gold Star. I went back to try the vegetarian chili on a three-way instead of in a burrito (better). While there, I also donated a quarter to the fight against childhood lymphoma. This sounds like a paltry donation, but they have this little cardboard stand that has spots for quarters only, so that's what you are supposed to do. 

Later, I stopped by Whole Foods to pick up some more pixie tangerines before California is radiated by the nuclear plume coming from Japan and I have to start hoarding oranges from Florida instead. I gave spare change to the Whole World Foundation. I forgot my own bag (hate it when I do that) so I didn't get a wooden nickel to donate to any other charities.  The cashiers at Whole Foods are so nice. I wonder how they hire them that way.

That's really three doantions for the day, although all quite small.

No comments:

Post a Comment