Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 73: A&W Root beer to fundraiser

I'm sure in the past I would have completely ignored an email that came across last week asking for donations of pop and water for the concession stand for the Winter Drumline and Guard show next Saturday. The email said that this is a huge fundraiser for the band, and one way they do that is by collecting the concessions from donations and then selling them.  Why not? I bought a twelve pack of A&W Root Beer (one of the suggested beverages), and honestly I chose that because it was the pop on sale. Nothing wrong with that.

The thing that doesn't really sit well, though, is that I'm not sure this organization really needs charity.  They have tremendous support from the district and from parents. Then again, I'd like my year of giving to be as non-judgmental as possible.  They asked, I gave.  I may never do it again. I've really got to give to Japan tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment