Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 85: Kohls Cares for Kids

I went to Kohls today (nothing new for me) and purchased only one item--a Very Hungry Caterpillar book. At Kohls, these sort of books are usually at the checkout, they cost $5, and 100% of the net profits from the sale go to health and education programs for children. I've probably purchased an item or two here before as a gift. Kohls Cares also has merchandise available to support women's health and another program about the environment. What prompted me to purchase the book was an advertisement I heard on the radio from Half Price Books about a book drive they are having for children's books. It's called Half Pint Library. I left my book in the car so that the next time I'm near HPB (maybe today) I can drop it off.

There is an amazing thing about this story. Something that happens on rare occasions only. I bought nothing for myself at Kohls. Nothing. Can't promise the same for Half Price Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment