Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 86: Half Pint Library Book Drive

I gave away my recently purchased copy of The Very Hungry Caterpillar today, as well as a copy of Oh, The Places You'll Go (which was a college graduation gift from a dear friend).  Half Price books matches every donation to the Half Pint Library, and last year almost 200,000 books were collected during the drive.  Half Price Books then gives the books to nonprofits, schools, and other organizations. I wonder who will end up with these two books?

Also, at Whole Foods today, I gave my wooden nickel to aid for Japan.  I'm thinking more about businesses and their charity outreach programs. Do all businesses do this now, or have I just started noticing more during the past few months of donating?  Are there any businesses out there that don't contribute?  Shouldn't all businesses be pressured into it?

No comments:

Post a Comment